DHBC Juniors

For all things Velodrome
michellebrown

Postby michellebrown » 06 Jan 2010, 16:09

Hello everyone,
hope you had a great holiday season. It would be good if we could have a meeting of DHBC Juniors soon to sort out a few things out for 2010. How do people feel about Wednesday the 20th of January? Let me know.

At their last training session for 2009 on the 23rd of December, Aldolpho and the two Hugo's competed in a sprint series over three laps. The results are printed below for your interest and records:

heat 1: Hugo V v. 1
Aldolpho 2
--------
heat 2: Aldolpho v. 2
Hugo T. 1
--------
heat 3: Hugo V v. 1
Hugo T 2
--------
heat 4: Aldolpho 2
Hugo T 3
Hugo V 1

Well done to Hugo V. for three emphatic 1st places. Hugo T. did well to win his first ever three lap sprint, against Aldolpho, who had the difficult job of backing up from the first heat with Hugo V.! Aldolpho avenged himself in heat 4, despite a valiant effort by Hugo T. to breach the gap. Fantastic effort from everyone and thanks to Hugo T's dad for helping to run the races. In a debrief the riders discussed the importance of keeping an eye on the rider behind, being ready to sprint from either foot and committing completely if sprinting before the bell lap.

I've programmed some training sessions, to emphasise proper basic techniques, especially for starts for endurance and sprint events. We'll also aim to run one or two events for practice after the traditional 12-lap warm-up. It'd be really good if riders could be at the track and ready to roll as soon as work committments and traffic allow, so we can get through as much as possible before the adults' session starts. I'd welcome some feedback, any ideas or help with coaching, timing, recording results, lap counters and gates etc,
Cheers,

Michelle Brown
Mother of Hugo Thompson.

timyone

Postby timyone » 06 Jan 2010, 20:46

wow organised! good to see :D

Julio

Postby Julio » 06 Jan 2010, 20:55

Hugo Hugo Hugo

Return to “Track”