Welcome to the new DHBC website and Forum

Club News and Announcements
jimmy

Postby jimmy » 13 May 2007, 09:52

Welcome All

This is the new DHBC website and Forum.

If you are a new user, please register, there is an extra question that you will need to answer to be able to register, it is to simply name a 5 time winner of the Tour de France.

Returning users will already exist. If you registered on the test system, then I have migrated you over hear.

I will be updating the theme of this forum in the near future, I had a few issues when migrating it from the test system.

If you have any problems or questions with the new board please let me know.

James

geoff m

Postby geoff m » 14 May 2007, 14:07

Congratulations and big, big thanks to James, James, Lindsay, Simon (.....oops..... whose name have I left out?) in getting the new website up and running. Its refreshing and should help us grow appeal to the club.

No doubt it will evolve as our needs grow and feedback comes in.

CHeers

Adrian E

Postby Adrian E » 14 May 2007, 16:15

Thanks to all the people who have worked so hard to develop the website.

I've noticed a few typos on the Track info page:
http://test.dhbc.org.au/index.php?pr=Track2

See below.

Training is run Monday & Wednesday nights at Tempe (Canterbury) Velodrome, at Waterworth Park, Bayview Avenu [Avenue] Undercliffe (Opposite Gough Whitlam Park), starting at 6:30pm

A track bike is different in a road bike in two main areas, it has no breaks & conists [consists] of one fixed gear in which a rider cannot back pedal.

For new riders we will generally attempt to find a second hand bike which we may lend to them so that they can work out if they like the sport before spending any money. The main reason which [delete ‘which’] is that track bikes have a long life span so a rider does not generally have to change gear unles [unless] they crash. So it is better to buy decent quality gear originally so one does not have to sell perfectly good gear if they decide to upgrade.

One thing to be wary of when buying a bike is crank lenght [length] & PCD. Generally 170mm cranks are standard, 165mm may be preferred with shorter legs. Whilst Sugino 75, Shimano Dura ace, & Campagnolo Record, FSA are all 144 PCD whilst Miche is 135 PCD which in simple english [English] means ['that']miche [Miche] chainrings do not fit sugino, record or Dura ace or FSA but they all fit each other. Plus older Dura ace & Record may also be different PCD's so it is a good idea to check before purchase.

Gearing (Chart)

Below is a gear chart which is used to calculate what gear you are running & what gear you want to run. Simply run acroos [across] the top for the cog (at the back of bike) and down for the chain ring & where they meet is the gear in inches. Generally a good starting gear is 86 inches, 48 chainring x 15 cog.

Simon Llewellyn

Postby Simon Llewellyn » 14 May 2007, 16:17

Cool thanks, I'll fix them up...

weiyun

Postby weiyun » 14 May 2007, 16:20

I thought this news and announcement section is closed off to general posting. Maybe this permission setting didn't get transferred across to the new forum.

Simon Llewellyn

Postby Simon Llewellyn » 14 May 2007, 16:28

Done!

Hey we've got to do the build your own fixie page in photos of the website sometime. Does anyone want to be the mechanic in the pictures? Tim's bike is all there, we just need to get a few new brake cables and swap the parts with Lindsay so he can keep the Shimano 600...

jimmy

Postby jimmy » 14 May 2007, 17:15

I thought this news and announcement section is closed off to general posting. Maybe this permission setting didn't get transferred across to the new forum.
No, a step ahead of you.

I changed the permissions for the time being so that only moderators can create new topics, but registered users can reply to a post. If it becomes a problem then I will change the permissions back.

The idea this way, is that anyone can post something "newsworthy" in another forum, the mods can move it, and people can still reply.

Also, in cases like this we can reply to a post that is created by a mod.

James

T-Bone

Postby T-Bone » 14 May 2007, 18:57

I've got an issue where everytime i post something it comes up with "Invalid Session. Please resubmit the form.", so i try again and it gets through. Any ideas on this?

weiyun

Postby weiyun » 14 May 2007, 19:05

I've got an issue where everytime i post something it comes up with "Invalid Session. Please resubmit the form.", so i try again and it gets through. Any ideas on this?
Confirmed. Same experience here.

jimmy

Postby jimmy » 15 May 2007, 06:23

Try logging out of the forum and logging back in again. It is probably caused by the migration of the users from old forum to the new one.

James

Brenda Baker

Postby Brenda Baker » 13 Dec 2009, 20:42

Welcome All

This is the new DHBC website and Forum.

If you are a new user, please register, there is an extra question that you will need to answer to be able to register, it is to simply name a 5 time winner of the Tour de France.

Returning users will already exist. If you registered on the test system, then I have migrated you over hear.

I will be updating the theme of this forum in the near future, I had a few issues when migrating it from the test system.

If you have any problems or questions with the new board please let me know.

James

Return to “News and Announcements”