Sun Waterfall Ride

Road cycling & upcoming rides
shrubb face

Postby shrubb face » 10 Sep 2008, 22:06

G'day

Just wanted to get some info on the sunday waterfall ride. Ive recently moved down from the central coast, and am looking at getting involved with some club training and hopefully eventually racing.

I was just wondering if being a member of the club is required for doing the waterfall ride, or can I just tag along for the first couple of weeks. Also whats the usual time of return back to marrickville?

Thanks in advance.

Alex

JM

Postby JM » 11 Sep 2008, 08:23

All new riders are welcome on the waterfall ride.

We do like new riders to eventually join the club. Lindsay is the best person to talk to re joining the club.

It is also preferabnle that you have cycling australia membership either "ride it" licence or "race" licence as this provides insurance and coverage in the event of an accident.

Otherwise you ride at your own risk.

Departure times are 6.30am for the easier paced bunch and 6.40am for the quicker paced bunch. Return times are between 9.15am and 10am - depending on punctures and which bunch you ride with. There is also a bunch who will have coffee at a cafe in DH.

Stuart

Postby Stuart » 11 Sep 2008, 15:40

Hi Shrubb - great to hear you're interested in riding with us.

The slowies get back to Marrickville at between 9:30 - 10:00 depending on flats and general level of the riders that day as its basically a no drop ride for the slowies i.e. somebody will always stay with a new rider and a whole bunch of us (both fast and slow) normally go to Cafe BoBo in Dulwich Hill for breakfast . Although arrival time depends if you're with the slowies who average about 26-27kph or the fast riders who average in the low to mid 30's (I think - I'm a slowie so not too sure). My cycle computer normally tells me its about 3:00 - 3:10 of actual cycling time.

Riders with Dulwich Hill Bicycle club are asked to register with us before you start riding on our group training rides or racing. This is so we have your emergency and normal contact details. We want to have an emergency contact in case you are involved in an accident and cannot tell us your details. We may need to speak to your family or house hold urgently.
Who will have this information? It will be held by the Club Secretary and will not be used for any reason other than in an emergency. It will not be given to any other individuals, companies or parties.

Here's the link to register >> http://www.dhbc.org.au/index.php?pr=Rider_Registration

New Riderspage >> http://www.dhbc.org.au/index.php?pr=New_Riders

Return to “Road”