Just wondering if the slowies ride is still on saturday

Road cycling & upcoming rides
Mark S

Postby Mark S » 04 Feb 2009, 17:30

G'day all,

My name is Mark and I have been interested in joining a ride with you guys, but due to work commitments I just haven't had time.

I was just wondering if the slowies ride is still going ahead on Saturday 7th of Feb 09?

If it is, is the start time still 0630 at Mattraville?

Regards

Mark

Mark S

Postby Mark S » 04 Feb 2009, 17:33

Hi again,
If someone can help, I forgot to ask, but if I just want to do social rides what will the cost be?

Regards

Mark

insomniac

Postby insomniac » 04 Feb 2009, 18:15

Sat slowies is pretty well on every Sat and will be on this coming Sat....if last Sat was anything to go by, there will be a large group of friendly riders. Just roll up and do a few rides, if you like it and want to keep riding with the club then register which costs about $60 or $80 (I think).

Frank.S87

Postby Frank.S87 » 04 Feb 2009, 18:38

i think its $76

$66 for a license from bicycle NSW
and $10 to join to join the club

(I think)

Mark S

Postby Mark S » 04 Feb 2009, 18:41

Hi,

No worries, I will be there to meet you all, I will be on a Giant OCR3 black and silver, no doubt I will say hi to someone.

Cheers

Mark

Trouty

Postby Trouty » 04 Feb 2009, 18:55

Hi again,
... if I just want to do social rides what will the cost be?Mark
You can ride with Dulwich Hill and not be a member. We ride every saturday socially at centenial, and as you get better you can try the Waterfall rides on a Sunday which is 80km. If you want to ride regularly it's probably best to join - as we occasionally organise other rides which you can hear about through other members, forums, and announcements.

Mark S

Postby Mark S » 04 Feb 2009, 19:00

I think I will join as I like that social little thing.

I have been training everyday out at work, we have a 5km ring road with straights, hills and of course the odd pedestrian. I currently ride every day and depending on time I will ride between 20-25 k's.

I have looked at the 80k ride and I think it will be a little bit longer till I'm ready for that one.

Cheers

weiyun

Postby weiyun » 04 Feb 2009, 19:22

Mark, if you are on the western side of Eastern Suburbs, then it may be easier for you to meet the bunch at Centennial Park on Sat, and then join everyone for the return ride to Marrickville and coffee. Of course, you can also do the other way and pass on the coffee at the end of the ride.

Mark S

Postby Mark S » 04 Feb 2009, 20:16

Thanks,

I will be over at Maroubra Friday night so meeting at the start point will be fine, I will also come back and have a coffee and chat before going home.

Cheers

geoff m

Postby geoff m » 05 Feb 2009, 11:27

You can ride with Dulwich Hill and not be a member. We ride every saturday socially at centenial, and as you get better you can try the Waterfall rides on a Sunday which is 80km. If you want to ride regularly it's probably best to join - as we occasionally organise other rides which you can hear about through other members, forums, and announcements.
Mark, welcome to the group. Great to hear you would like to join anyway.

Generally we encourage all riders to come out with us and test whether the different types of training rides we take, suits their needs and aspirations. If after 2 or 3 rides the new rider is keen to join, we encourage a decision to be made at that point, to ensure the individual is signed up to Cycling NSW Insurance cover, etc. This is generally called 'Ride It' licence.

In the meantime, each guest still needs to read the risk warning we post on this website, and acknowledge and accept cycling can be dangerous and that accidents can and do happen and are prepared to accept that risk 100% themselves, and to no other party. By riding with us constitutes acceptance of the risks, and full personal responsibility.

Having gone through the realities of riding, overall its a great sport or social activity and has huge benefits, and on average, adds longuevity to participants.

Terry

Postby Terry » 05 Feb 2009, 16:52

Hi Mark,
In response to your original post the start is 6:30 at Mick Mazza's Cycles(299 Marrickville Rd)in Marrickville
not Mattraville a you previously quoted.

Stuart

Postby Stuart » 05 Feb 2009, 16:54

Further to Geoff's comments, before you come on a ride please fill in the new rider registration form

And here are the details on joining DHBC - see you on Sat

Mark S

Postby Mark S » 05 Feb 2009, 18:50

Hi all,

Thanks for the input and lucky someone picked up on my mistake, or I would of been waiting at the wrong place, LOL.

I have filled out the rider information, hopefully it gets through on time.

See you on Saturday.

Regards
Mark

Return to “Road”